Call for Papers The 11th International Conference on Computer Vision Systems (ICVS 2017) will be held in Shenzhen, China, July, 2017. We warmly welcome contributions of papers targeting the conference scope. More information at and CFP poster
- 04.2017 New server starts on the university ITSC servers.
- 04.2017 We successfully held Educational Robot Workshop at HKSTP. Please support our platform Thymio-II wireless.
- 03.2017 Ming will sever IEEE IROS 2017 as Associate Editor.
02.2017 Welcome smallest lab member joining on 15. Feb. 2017.
01.2017 Interview by China Daily released: Hands off the wheel - autopilot in Hong Kong 8:25
12.2016 Welcome PhD student Ms. Yuying Chen to join us!
12.2016 Ming will serve IEEE CYBER 2017 as regional Program Chair, in the USA.
12.2016 Ming will serve IEEE MFI 2017 as Co-Chair for publicity, in Korea.
10.2016 From 29.10.2016 to 06.11.2016, we participate InnoCarvinal at HKSTP with the project “B-free in City” (Cybathlon) and “IntoRobot Platform”.
10.2016 We won the 3rd Prize in 6th Wu Wenjun Artificial Intelligence Science and Technology Award with partners. Link
10.2016 Ming participated HCR 2016 in Shanghai and gave keynote talk, China.
10.2016 We participated IROS 2016 in Daejon, Republic of Korea. left to right: Lei, Ming Lei presented our paper about deep learning in robotics PDF and our recent work on deep reinforcement learning (arXiv:1610.01733v1).
10. 2016 We represent CityU, cooperating with B-Free company, to take part in the Powered Wheelchair Race of Cybathlon Competition in Zurich, Switzerland organized by ETH. Our team, B-Free in City, safely completed all tasks with full-marks and 358s in the final race and ranked first in B-Final and 5th in all teams(12).
10. 2016 We participated the tea gathering of MBE Department. Lei presented a poster to new PhD. students and staffs of MBE.
10. 2016 Welcome Research Assistant Giuseppe Paolo from ETH.
09. 2016 Lei and Qinghai join the Cognitive Context Reasoning for Computer Vision (CCRCV 2016) with teamates from CUHK and Baidu. Our team cityblaze now ranks No. 18 in the preliminary round.
09. 2016 Ming serves the ICRA 2017 as Associate Editor.
09. 2016 Welcome PhD student Usman Maqbool Bhutta from Pakistan who won the shahbaz sharif merit scholarship and more than 15 news in Pakistan reported this.
09. 2016 Welcome PhD student Haoyang Ye from Zhejiang University.
08. 2016 Welcome PhD student Qing Liang from Beihang University.
08. 2016 Welcome Research Assistant Junli Wang from City University of Hong Kong.
06.2016 Summer retreat on sea:
06.2016 Ming serves the Program Committee of RSS 2016, June 18-22, 2016
06.2016 We participated the “Discovery and Innovation Gala 2016 of CSE CityU”
08. 2016 Welcome Research Assistant Lionel Trebuchon from ETH.
06.2016 Our paper on Visible Light Communication-based localization is accepted by IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine (RAM). Congratulations!
06.2016 The 2016 IEEE International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (IEEE RCAR 2016) concluded succesfully in Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Thanks a lot for all the help and support we received over the past year!
left to right: Dr. XIA Zeyang, Ming, Prof. WANG Hesheng, Dr. CHEN Haoyao
left to right: Ming, Prof. François Chaumette, Qinghai, Lei
- 03.2016 Lab group photo left to right: (msc student)TAN Qionghui, (PhD)LIAO Qinghai,(Dr)LIU Ming,(Exchange Master Student)Jonas Eichenberger,(PhD)TAI Lei
- 01.2016 Ming will serve as Associate Editor for IROS 2016 for the first time.
- 01.2016 Welcome new robot member – Baxter Dual Arm Robot. :)
- 01.2016 We are finally move to our new lab place.
End.2015 May each and every day of yours be renewed with lots of happiness and love. Happy new year 2016!
“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” ― Brad Paisley
12.2015 Ming participated ROBIO 2015 in Zhuhai. We won Finalist for Best Student Paper Award.
11.2015 Ming participated the congregation at HKUST with former lab graduates: Yangang, Kejie and Guoyang.
11.2015 We released the calibration toolbox for omnidirectional camera, please visit GitHub for detail.
11.2015 Welcome Research Assistant Sun Jinhong. She will be working on IoT and mobile robot.
10.2015 Welcome exchange Master student Jonas Eichenberger from ETH Zurich. He will be working on visual navigation for the whole semester.
09.2015 Ming Liu participated IROS 2015, Hamburg.
09.2015 Autumn lab retreat to sailing!
09. 2015 We have submitted four papers for ICRA 2016, with collaborators from EPFL, ETH, CUHK and HIT.
09. 2015 Welcome PhD student Qinghai Liao!
09. 2015 Welcome PhD student Lei Tai!
08. 2015 Ming Liu starts a new job as an Assistant Professor at MBE of City University of Hong Kong
08. 2015 Ming will be the Program Chair for the IEEE Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (RCAR)
08. 2015 Guoyang Xie is graduated as MPhi., with thesis “Semantic mapping based localization for autonomous driving”. Congratulations!
07. 2015 Kejie Qiu is graduated as MPhi., with thesis “Visible light communication-based indoor localization and path-planning system”. Congratulations!
06. 2015 We have won the Best Conference Paper Award at IEEE-CYBER, Shenyang! Congratulations!
03. 2015 We released deep-learning library for scene labelling and object recognition in real-time, at LinkYou can refer to our paper from RCAR: : Shaohua Li, Huimin Huang, Yue Zhang, Ming Liu, A Fast Multi-scale Convolutional Neural Network for Object Recognition, Invited Paper for the 2015 International Conference on Real-time Computing and Robotics (RCAR 2015), Finalist for Best Student Paper Award, June 23-26, 2015, Changsha, China
09. 2013: Ming will start a new job as a visiting Assistant Professor at ECE of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; Group Photo by 2013: